Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New record for no posting!

Can not believe it has been a month! Life just seems so busy right now. The new job has been pretty stressful. Learning a new set of job skills after 28 plus years of doing the same type job has taken a lot out of me. I'm still not used to only having 2 days a week off. I know that is what most of the working world is used to, but for over a year I've worked 7 on/7 off and then for some years before that worked 4 ten hour shifts. So I've become accustomed to having extra off days to take care of things. Having only 1 real off day is throwing me. I'm off on Sundays and Mondays, but Sunday's are usually pretty busy, leaving only Monday. I am going to have to learn to manage my time better, especially my evening hours after I get home. Two hours of travel time add to time away from home every work day, but I know I can do better than I do with time management. I also believe that once the stress of learning and implementing the new job skills eases that things will be easier to handle. I'm going to post this update without a pic for now since it's been so long without a word from me here. Not much going on artistically, but I do have cute baby pics that I could show.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Jill,
I am not doing very good with blogging either. I feel lucky to do a few posts on facebook. I am so tired when I get home in the afternoons that I don't want to do any thing. And yeah, 2 days off a week is not easy either. 1 day you have to spend doing chores and the other you just want to take it easy. I am ready to be off for Christmas. I should be able to get a few things accomplished then.
Love the pics you have been posting of Thomas on FB. He sure is growing and so cute too. It will be fun on Christmas to have a precious baby to celebrate with. I can't wait to see my great-nephew then too.
Well don't work too hard, Jill. And do what you can do, and don't worry about the rest.
xoxoxoxo

Jeanie said...

Hey, hang in there -- if I couldn't pre-post, I wouldn't have a blog at all this month! Hugs!

Hit counter