Friday, September 2, 2011

What your bookshelves look like when you are a "collector" of many things!

 

Show above a shelf in my dining room.  It used to be my living room and my Dad built us a lovely built-in entertainment center across one end of the room.  If/when we ever move, I will be sad about leaving things like this behind.  He is gone now and he built most of our kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, and the afore-mentioned unit. Of course, Kerry and I have built most of the house, too, so that will be hard to leave, too!

Well, I digress, as I often do. The shelf above highlights my eclectic tastes, shall we say.  Two dollheads, rescued from from a burn pile, 2 mercury glass candleholders, hand-carved snake and wooden letter openers made by a friend, a butterfly that made it's way into the garage and didn't make it out(died from the heat, I guess),bird feathers,  small vintage business card for a Hitchcock Lamp available at J.H. Hedenburg's in Brooklyn, and a lovely little bust.

I love little things like this.  Too much, I guess. 

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

This cracks me up. We are two of a kind. My shelves have books stacked two deep and thingamajics (photos, china bits, collections) in front of them. Incorrigible. And not terribly unapologetic!

Hit counter