Friday, September 16, 2011

Ending of the perfect week


We saw the sun sparkle on the water.


We left our footprints in the sand and observed the beauty of Mother Nature.


We saw the tropical beauty of sparkling blue clear water lapping the shore.


And ended the week with a sunset that could not be equaled in it's beauty, although impossible to be captured on film.

I could not have asked for a more perfect week.  We didn't do a lot but that was exactly what I needed.  I left behind stressful work and personal situations that I know will be waiting for me when I get back.  This week was an escape from reality and I knew it and took it with both hands, embracing it fully as just what it was.  It was a gift of respite from stresses that have been overwhelming.  They won't go away and will probably only be worse when I return, but now I've had time to commune with Mother Nature and with God, resting for just a brief while from what I know awaits. 

In looking back over recent years, I have seen that often we have had the opportunity to get away right before there was a time of great stress.  I hope and pray that this is not the case this time, but know that if it is, that at least we've been granted this gift of rest and enjoyment of the beauty that is the ocean. 

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Oh, I'm reading backwards and indeed -- this DOES look like a perfect week! And well-deserved!

Hit counter