Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sorry to be away so long without a word


Life has been pretty hectic while I've been trying to finish out at one job and start at another. Worked extra days to get some training at the new position. Will be going in next Wednesday evening there to start my night shift work week. The first few nights I'll be working with someone, then I'll be on my own. I expected to be working my last week at Woodland right now but they decided to cut staff back and let the workers go on that already had other jobs lined up. I didn't find this out until the this past Tuesday, the day before I thought would be going in to start my final week at Woodland. I still had people I hadn't said goodbye to and thought I still had time to do that, take a few more photos, etc. I had to go on up and clean out my locker that evening since I was going to be working at Hartselle for the remainder of the week. It was hard when I loaded up my car and pulled out of the parking lot to realize that I would never be going back there again as an employee and that 28 years at this work place was over. Will really miss the place and the people I've worked with. Lots of memories!

The reason I'm showing the picture of Bama is that we have had another loss in the midst of all this. Bama started getting sick and was just not eating much any more. At first I thought it was because she was upset about Maggie being here, then realized that she was sick. Well, she started wanting to stay outside and one day last week, she disappeared and we've not seen her since. Bama was another of Emily's Tuscaloosa rescues that ended up at Mom and Dad's. We were of course not sure how old she was since we don't know how old she was when Emily took her in. So my computer buddy is gone. I miss her sitting by my hand while I tried to blog or surf the web. Also at night, she would come into the bedroom and lay on my side while we slept. If she needed water or food, she would sit by my face and stare at me, resorting to gently slapping my face if I didn't wake up and do what she wanted. So rest in peace wherever you are sweet Bammy! We miss you!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Poor Bammy...I will miss that cat. I am so sorry you are having to go through so much right now. I will continue to be praying for you! I love you very much and missed yall on the 4th as well.

Love you,
Holly

P.S. I would never be spoiled...wherever would you get that idea? ;)

Beth said...

OH, Sweet Bama. I know you will miss her. I have been thinking about your alot and praying your transition will go smoothly. I know its hard to leave your job after that many years. I think its a definite that I will be back at my school in August. I am SO ENJOYING being home this summer. I will be in Hartselle today. Going to spend a couple of nights with my brother and sister-in-law. Get to go out on the river tomorrow and I can't wait. I grew up on the river and was a river rat. I will try to come back down there again this summer and try to come when you are off work so we can hit some thrift stores. I am going home thursday morning, what time do you get off work in the mornings there? I bet its pretty early but if not I might could meet you and have some coffee or breakfast.
Hang in there, Jilly. Hopefully you will make new friends at the new hospital and new doors will open for you.
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

Jeanie said...

Oh, Jill. I'm so very sad for you. I've been away a long while, too -- mostly vacation -- and catching up. Hearing about Bama is sad, indeed. They are such friends and you have said goodbye to so many people and pets this year.

Well, I'm glad you still have the job, although it must be hard leaving Woodland. But you've got one and these days, that's counting for a lot.

Thoughts and hugs.

Hit counter