Monday, March 16, 2009

Starry nights?


Not lately with all the rain. I've not heard the total rainfall here, but it has rained on and off for a couple of days. I'm sure we will be glad of it when summer droughts hit. This is a scan of an altered book spread done previously, but not shared here before. Life seems to be pretty busy lately, so nothing new to show. This spread was kind of an add-on between a spread about faces and a page that I have shown before where I watercolored a painting of a tree and moon with found poetry in the words on the book page. The left hand page is star-patterned paper with daisies cut from a greeting card to illustrate the poem on the right hand page that I think I found in a vintage children's textbook and printed out on blue cardstock. For the window, I used some clear plastic taped into a cutout with silver tape.

I wanted to be sure to get a post done in case life gets even more hectic in the next few days. It does look like I am going to be able to get away with Kerry and Holly to go to the races in Bristol, Tenn. Mom seems to be doing well and we will only be gone from Thursday evening until Sunday evening.

Mom was able to get physical therapy at her home because of the stroke. This was an answered prayer and Mom says the therapist is wonderful. During the first therapy session yesterday, she was able to show Mom some exercises to help her right arm which is the least recovered from her stroke and had some suggestions to help her strengthen her right ankle. So already she has been able to help with some issues that 3 physical therapy places never dealt with last year, in addition to the exercises she is having Mom do for her left knee to recover from the arthroscopy. I was so glad to hear that.

While in Bristol, I will not have any internet access. I could take my laptop and probably find wireless internet in a fast food place or something, but I won't be able to charge the battery on it because we will be totally running electric by generator. I've been told you shouldn't use computers with that kind of electrical current.

One of the reasons I decided to go even though I won't be going to the races(we only had 2 tickets) was to just spend time with Holly some before she moves off this summer. Don't think I mentioned here before that she and her hubby had been contemplating moving to Waco, Texas after graduation in May. He wants to attend school there to get his Masters. They have decided to make the move. I am behind them, of course, in their decision, but as a Mom was secretly wishing it could work out for them to realize their dreams a little closer to home. We just got Emily and Craig back here last year and now these 2 are moving off. With Em's new baby on the way this summer, too, I see lots of emotional moments in my future.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I too wish things would have led us closer to home...I am going to miss yall so much. Sorry I have not visited your blog in awhile. I am just now getting back to internet land!

Love you,
Holly

Hit counter