Friday, January 25, 2008

No time for art today


Back at work today for the beginning of my 4 day weekend. I work 4 ten hour shifts per week, with my off days varying in a 3 week cycle. Dh wanted to go out to eat with friends once I got home, though I had thought curled up on the couch with a bowl of freshly popped popcorn sounded good. I almost always think that, though, so I have to give in to his extrovert ways sometimes.


I took one of those online tests one time and tested almost 100% introvert. It wasn't surprising really, just that I never analyzed myself in that way before. It explained so much in my life about my feelings about crowds, parties, feeling drained when I had no alone time. My dh loves people and the irony is he is self-employed and I work with people. Go figure!


So none of that was about art and so was nothing in my day. I'll have to go back in my photos from past work to post a pic. This is so far my only piece of fabric art. It was sent out last year in an art quilt swap with a group that is no longer together. The image is my maternal grandmother when she was about 4. Wasn't she so serious and beautiful. I made a felted heart pocket and a miniature book which tucked inside with words written on each pages like family, etc. The wording-The Heart Holds What Is Most Precious. I've not yet gotten a sewing machine so the stitching was all done by hand. I love to embroider, but seem to have a fear of a sewing machine.

1 comment:

JBMolina said...

Thank you for taking a peek at my blog and leaving a comment. I'm sorry you can't see my pictures. I'll try and post smaller ones next time, to see if that helps.

I really like your art. Especially those tags you made in a previous post. Very cool!

Hit counter