Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Windy Tuesday in Alabama



Hopefully the wind is going to blow in some rain that we desperately need. Some more rain is predicted this weekend and even though we'll be on a short vacation weekend, I wouldn't care if it rained the entire time. We need it that badly.

Last evening, I started experimenting with rolling paper beads for the Artist Circle group for the next upcoming workshop. We are supposed to make some fabric and paper beads. So far, I've just done the paper ones and still need to try adding some fibers and glitz to them and also want to try the stamping techniques suggested on both fabric and paper and making some like that. No scans to post yet of that, as mine are still kind of blah!


Today, had to take the doggies to the vet for their annual checkup and shots. Good reports all the way around, except the vet would like to do a teeth cleaning with some extractions on little Angel, as she is getting some loose teeth due to her age and probably her earlier malnutrition. When my dd got her from the animal shelter a few years ago, she was skin and bones, so I figure her health suffers some from those times. We don't know how old she is, but she has lost a couple of teeth so far.


Today's pic is the cover of my new altered book. It is going to be a visualization journal. I'm going to include drawings, photos, or whatever I can think of to represent things that I would like to see happen in my life. From Artella, I think, I've heard of making a poster like this, but wanted to do this in a smaller format. Still working in preparing the pages and since I've chosen such a small book, it's making it harder to find photos from magazines that will work. Not yet went through my folders of previously cut out pics, though. Might have to break down and draw what I want. Most of the items on the cover are representational, though I won't bore you with all that.

No comments:

Hit counter