Monday, June 1, 2009

In shock this morning

I just got calls from friends at work that our hospital is being closed next month, July 15th. I'm off work right now, but there are employee meetings being held today, so I'll be going in at 3pm for one to find out more. I'm posting here so that those of you who believe in prayer will be praying for the employees losing their jobs to be able to find new ones. Most of the nurses will probably be ok, as there are more nursing jobs, just maybe not as close to home, but other departments will be more hard-pressed to find jobs, especially in this economy. Lab jobs are not easy to come by so those of us who are left in the lab may not all find work in our field anyway.

I've had suspicions from some things that have been happening, but there have always been rumors surrounding our hospital and it's closing since it is the smaller of 2 hospitals in our county, so it was hard to know whether to believe them or not. As a matter of fact, we've been bought by the other hospital, thus eliminating any choices as far as hospital care in this area. There are rumors that it may be opened up later as a rehab center or something like that, but immediate plans are just for our hospital to be closed.

Again, just be praying for all those involved to be able to find jobs. I will have to have one, as my dh is self-employed, and so we need my income as well as the health insurance. I've been at this hospital for 28 years so it has been a long time since I've looked for a job.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I am so sorry! I feel like we are in the same boat together. I have been for the schools here for 25 years in August. Times are just horrible right now.
You will be in my prayers!!!
xoxoxoxoxoox

Holly said...

Moms,
I will be praying for you daily. I know everything is going to work out. Your loyalty as an employee will speak for itself :) I love you and am here if you need anything!

Holly

Jeanie said...

Oh, Jill -- this is indeed scary news and sad, too. I am hearing more from people in the same situation all over the country. Of course you have every bit of prayer, good thoughts, creative thinking I can send your way. Many hugs to you.

Hit counter