Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thomas Jeffery Nolen

Arrived in the world, Tuesday, August 4th, at 10:22 am. He weighed 8 lb., 11 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. Emily had a c-section due to him measuring by ultrasound to be over 9 lb the week before he was born. The doctor was afraid to let him get too big and Em was having no changes at all as far as dilation, etc. As it turned out, it was a blessing. They found the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice, so they may have had to do an emergency c-section if there had been a normal labor.

Of course, just sharing a fraction of the photos on this post. There will be more. Trying to get a post in before getting ready for work. I was able to take a couple of nights off at the beginning of my week to be down there to see Thomas and help Emily some. Holly flew in from Texas Thursday and will be staying with them a week. I got to see her, too, which was wonderful! Just sad that I had to come back home Friday afternoon to go back into work Friday evening. Would have loved to stayed longer, of course. I was so wishing that it would work out that he was born during my off week, but then there were reasons that it happened the way it did. It can't be all about me, lol! They got to come home on Friday and are doing pretty well. Emily is very sore and Thomas is jaundiced. His bilirubin was 9 something the morning they left, so not too bad. Will have to go back tomorrow for bloodwork.

Craig is working 3rd shift now, too. Bless his heart, he had to go into work Friday night, as well. He's only been at his job a short time so he didn't have any leave built up. So it was Emily, Holly, and Thomas last night. Talked to them once about 1 am and Thomas had been awake since 9pm. Didn't hear anymore, so not sure how it went from there. He slept most of the day yesterday after being up all night Thursday while they did tests and worked with him in the hospital nursery to get hime ready to come home.

The new Mom with Thomas the day he was born.

The shot above was him in the nursery bed the day he was born.

This is my hubby, Kerry, also known as "Grampy" now.

Thomas at home on Friday. Sorry got my pics out of order when uploading. He had been asleep and the sound of the camera made him wake up just a little. Just enough to peek at the goofball that kept taking pictures.

The goofball and Thomas at the hospital.

Aunt Holly just in the door from Texas. She flew in Thursday. Her first time to fly and all by herself at that. Kerry picked her up at Birmingham airport. Emily came up with the name Aunty HaHa for Holly. Very appropriate!

From the left above is Uncle Blake(Craig's brother), Craig(the proud new Dad), and their Mom, Glenda, who wants to be known as Nana. We may have to say Nana Glenda since my daughters call my Mom, Nana. Craig's Dad, Jeffery, had to leave to go back to work, so I missed taking his photo with the baby.

Well, there will be more pics to follow.


Beth said...

Oh Jilly! So glad you finally posted. I was worrying if something was wrong but I figured you were pretty busy with that new bundle of Joy and working too. I wish he could have been born on your week off too and you could have spent it with Thomas,Emily, and Holly. But there will be lots of time to be together.
He is so beautiful! And what a blessing that they did the C-section because that would have been scary with the cord around his neck. I know you are going to so enjoy being a Grandmom. And your hubby was glowing as he was holding him. He finally has another male in the family. LOL.
Love the pic of you holding him too. You look so happy!
Keep us posted on how he is doing!

Holly said...

He is just the most beautiful baby ever! Aunty Ha Ha loves him so much :)


Jeanie said...

Jilly, Jilly, Jilly! I am catching (reading backwards, of course!) and just came upon your wonderful news. He is beautiful, and so is everyone in his family! The glow pops off my screen. So glad they did the C-S. Congratulations, my friend!

Hit counter