Friday, January 16, 2009
Received some good news today! A mixed media project that I participated in is going to be published in an upcoming book. Not sure yet whether every participant's work is going to be shown or just some of it. Will definitely be posting if I find out for sure mine is going to be shown. I guess it's ok to go ahead and talk about it. It is one coming out in June of this year which was put together by L.K. Ludwig. Shared Visions is all I know for sure about the title right now.
Today's picture has nothing to do with this project except for having the word "vision" on it. This is another page from the stamp book swap I was in last year. Think the background was paper towel(nope-remembered it was a baby wipe) with watered down paint coloring it. Stickles glitter in a copper color was used to accent the different elements. The butterfly was cut from this lovely textured paper I have. Of course the central image is an actual postage stamp that I think was Russian.
I've not had much time to work on my Valentine cards this week. When I did sit down to work on them my muse was unconscious or something. The one card I tried to do looks like crap! Surprisingly the reason I've not had much time is that my dh is finally working on some home improvement projects that I've been waiting on for years. Before you think too highly of him, it is only because he wanted to get a new HDTV and I kept telling him that I never wanted much in the way of material things and it sure would be nice to get something that I wanted for a change, mainly just having my house done, particularly my screened porch. The porch was started I forget how many years ago, reaching only what I call the "pergola" stage a few years ago. Meaning it has a poured cement floor and the walls and roof framed out. Since it is so cold, he can't work on the porch now so we are putting up the tin I wanted on the kitchen and utility room ceiling. Now I'm sure most of you will think I'm weird, but we are putting up some rusty old tin that we saved from the really old shed that we tore down when we added onto the house. We saved much of the wood, metal, and old rock used for the foundation posts. The floor boards were about 12" wide and we cleaned them up to use for the lower part of the walls in our living room with only a coat of varnish. Smaller width boards were used for trim. The rocks I've put around an oak tree in the front yard and now we are making use of the tin. I'm going to put several coats of polyurethane on it to seal it well. Will try to take photos when we are done. Living in the middle of home construction means chaos, but I'm kind of getting used to it.