Sunday, December 14, 2008
More Christmas pennants
These are the other 4 pennants I made for the banner swap. I worked on these while we were camping. It was cold and we were near a lake, so I learned that evidently temperature and humidity have a lot to do with a gluestick working correctly. The gluestick that I normally use and have no trouble with failed miserably. After I got home and brought my stuff in to put finishing touches on, found that a lot of areas were coming unglued, so I ended up having to reglue with some Elmer's that I could squeeze underneath.
Another discovery I wanted to share and I'm sure it's not new to most of you was how I altered paper to make it suit my color scheme better.I had just gathered up a bunch of Christmas colored papers and picutres to take with me and was trying to make the pennants just using what I had with me. On the top 3, but especially the 3rd pennant, I used a paper that started out as white with small red dots. I wanted it to not be so starkly colored, so I stamped here and there with some small designs like swirls in different colors of stamp ink and then overall swiped some of the colors over the paper. I also used the swiping and daubing of color on the off white paper shapes that serve as the background for the "A's" and the textured paper that is at the top of several of the banners. I used the Stickles glitter from a bottle for adding the glitter accents. Those work really well if I can get my hand steady enough.