Saturday, April 12, 2008

Home alone!


My dh has gone to Tuscaloosa for the "A" day game with my dd, Holly, and my dsil. It is a pretty day here, though a little cool, so it is probably a perfect day there for a football game. Tuscaloosa can be unbearable when the weather is hot as the humidity there seems to be about 200%. He went down last evening and won't be back until tonight, so I'm enjoying some alone time, which I seldom get. You would think with both dd's married that would not be the case, but my dh is self-employed so he is home most of the time and I spend the majority of my time at work and then several evenings at Mom's with her.

Last night I stayed up late finishing an art project which I can't share right now. I have one more that I am working on for the Pink Art Collaborative project. That one I will be able to share when I am done with it. My art room continues to be a mess because I'm having to work when I find time to do so, and no time for straightening up.

Today I plan on watching some movies, maybe sitting outside and reading on the deck to enjoy the lovely sunshine, continuing to do some light housework here and there, and maybe make a little art that's just because. I know, I know, I could be straightening up the art room since I just complained about it, but that is going to wait until another day. Lovely spring days when I'm all by myself are as rare as hen's teeth these days, so I'm going to "do what I want to do", to quote the Addams Family song.

The photo today is another from before since I've nothing current done that I can post yet. It was another of the postage stamp pages, one that I really liked when it was done. Thought it represented how I feel today, so I'm gonna take my Mona Lisa smiling self off to enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I agree -- when it's a lovely day -- and you haven't had a lot of them -- it's best to celebrate the moment! Sounds like a good spot to be!

Hit counter