Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pages about love


To show my romantic side after my previous post, I'm showing this spread from the altered book again. As you can tell there was no theme to this book. It's more like an art journal thing I guess. On the left page the heart is the paper insert from a small Valentine candy box stained with walnut ink and accented with gold. Both pages have been aged with walnut ink and then all but the found poetry words blacked out on the right page. The words are:

she seemed to see him inside out
she settled back and waited for him to come round

I have done some artsy-craftsy stuff this week but haven't taken pictures yet of the things I can share right now. Some of what I've been working on is a hostess gift for a swap and I don't want to show that yet. As soon as I get time, I'll get pics taken and posted of the other things. Most is Halloween-related but one project is a trash-to-treasure idea I had that turned out very pretty I thought. Actually I did several T2T things. Much of what I do is of that sort. Nothing I like better than taking junk and making something pretty out of it. Love seeing what other people come up with, too. That is part of the appeal of altered art to me. It combines art with a T2T mentality except to the extreme that it actually then has a message.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Very beautiful page! I like your creative use of the insert from a Valentine's box! I never would have thought of using it for anything like that! Hope you have a great night at work!

Love you,
Holly

Kim's Treasures said...

Looking forward to seeing what you have been making! Love the pages today!

Hit counter